Do you want to provide dietary or nutritional counseling to your patients?
The Nutrition Certificate Program will teach the Doctor of Chiropractic the essentials of nutritional supplements, food concentrates, food extracts, vitamins, minerals, herbs, enzymes, amino acids and botanicals.
Nutritional Supplements Statistics
- In 2004, 18.9 percent of Americans reported that they had taken one or more dietary supplements in the past year. -Institute of Medicine
- The global self-medication market grew 7.4 percent in 1998 - dietary supplements were the fastest growing category with a 16 percent increase. - IMS HEALTH, 1999.
- Retail and non-retail sales of dietary supplement products across all distribution channels in the U.S. were $17 billion in 2000. Retail sales of dietary supplement products were approximately $11.3 billion in 2000.- The Nutritional Business Journal, 2001.
- The United States leads the world in dietary supplement usage with 100.4 million Americans using vitamin and minerals every day and 37.2 million using herbal remedies regularly. - Prevention Magazine, 2000.
The following is the course outline for the Nutrition Certificate
To purchase the course curriculum click on the following link: 50 Hour Nutrition Certificate course catalog
50 Hour Nutrition Certificate
The purpose of this course is to offer the Doctor of Chiropractic broad based knowledge in the areas of human nutrition, including nutrition fundamentals, diagnosis and treatment of nutritional deficiencies and diseases, nutritional therapy and supplementation and nutritional weight loss.
Upon completion of this comprehensive course of study the graduate will receive the following certificate of completion from Texas Chiropractic College;
- 50 Hour Nutrition Certificate
- Comprehensive Analysis of the Major Nutrients
- Health Implications of Dietary Fat / Cholesterol and Vitamins
- Overview of the Essential Vitamins
- Disease Processes caused by Improper Nutrition
- Body Morphology
- Weight Loss Methodologies
- Improper Nutrition and Disease
- The Role of Antioxidants in the Promotion of Health
- The Correlation Between an Improper Diet and Pain
- The Importance of Good Nutrition
- Proteins, Fat, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Vitamins, Minerals, and Water
- Micronutrient Deficiency Diseases
- Food Groups
- Nutritional Disorders From a Historical Perspective
- Food Supplies and Food Safety
- Illnesses caused by improper nutrient consumption and nutrient deficiencies
- Recommended Dietary/ Daily Allowances (RDA) Overview
- Cautionary Advice From the Doctor of Chiropractic to their Patients Using Dietary Supplements
- FDA Regulation of Dietary Supplements
- Required Information on a Dietary Supplement Label
- Dietary Supplement Categories
- Botanical Dietary Supplements
- Amino Acid Supplements
- Antioxidants Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Coenzyme Q10
- Review of various supplements, common uses, scientific observations, side effects and recommended daily allowances.
- Keys to Prescribing Dietary Supplements
- Weight Loss Management Fundamentals
- Overview and Comparison of Diet Regimens
- Eating Behavior Modification Techniques
- Exercise Strength and Conditioning Protocols
Courses for this program can be purchased by clicking on "Course Catalogs" and then clicking on "Nutrition Certificate Programs"
The cost is $290 per module or purchase the 50 hour certificate program for $1100 use coupon code: save60
Nutrition Certificate Course Outline
50 Hour Nutrition Certificate
Module 1 - Nutrition Essentials(14 Hours)
Module 2 - Nutritional Diagnosis and Treatment (12 Hours)
Module 3 - Nutritional Supplementation (12 hours)
Module 4 - Weight Control Strategies (12 Hours)
For Technical Support:
Check the Course Procedure page for general course instructions. Check the Frequently Asked Questions page before contacting us for answers to the most common problems or questions. The site is operational 24 hours a day including weekends and holidays. For immediate assistance you can reach the tech support staff via email at [email protected]. You may call the office at 856-455-7703 during regular business hours which are Monday through Friday between 11:00am and 4:00pm eastern time.
For Support Regarding Obtaining Copies of Online Chiropractic Continuing Education Transcripts:
If you are in need of your transcript send an email to [email protected]
TheWiseDC.com cannot guarantee the acceptance of any chiropractic continuing education credits for any material on this website. It is up to the individual to confirm course acceptance with your state examining board. A list of approved courses by state can be viewed by clicking on the "Approved Courses" button on the left menu.